CHROMATOGRAPHY RESIN SLURRY MIXING AND BLENDING
How to best suspend chrome slurry in a carboy or tank
Chromatography is a popular separation process in the biotech and pharma industry. Mixing and suspending the resin slurry is key to proper slurry uniformity to feed the chromatography column for optimal separation results.
How do you best suspend the very heavy solids loading in a slurry resin solution? There are some effective mixing and blending technologies. These slurry mixing systems can be single-use, CIP/COP, and offer any type of sterilization required.
TOP ENTRY MIXER
– a fantastic choice to resuspend the chrome slurry resin solids in a low shear, high torque manner. Top entry mixers are cGMP biopharma-ready, complete certification packages. And have pre-wired variable speed controllers to provide 100% uniform and homogeneous blending of the slurry resin solution. The ability to run the mixer slowly during drawdown and pump out to load the chromatography column is a big bonus.
BOTTOM ENTRY MIXING
Custom mixing technology with unique mixing impellers is available for resin slurry suspension and to improve mass transfer in the chromatography column.
SLURRY SHAKING SYSTEM, ORBITAL SHAKER
A low shear, variable speed shaker can provide perfect blending action without any intrusive mixing devices, paddles, or impellers. This option makes single-use mixing for resin slurry a very cost-effective reality, without using any bags (not suggested for resin slurry).
A Heavy Duty Orbital Shaker designed to hold the carboys, properly shake for uniform mixing, and designed to handle the weight of the total load effectively for long-term operation with limited downtime:
• Speed: 30 – 300 rpm
• Orbit: Standard: 2 in – Optional Factory Set: 1, or 3 in
• Maximum Capacity: 50 – 500 lbs
• Electrical: 115V or 230V @ 50/60hz
• Dimensions(Power unit):
• 43 x 43 x 20 in (With Box Carrier 32.5 in)
• Weight: 2136 lbs
• Options many including automation
• cGMP suitable models, Stainless Steel, Explosion Proof, Wash Down rated, Network Integration, Automation Integration (custom loading and unloading systems)