Blending Systems Built To Your Specifications
IN LINE BLENDING SYSTEMS
WMProcess core competency of mixing and blending is harnessed to offer more complex automated and continuous inline blending systems. These mixing systems offer a more customized approach where we work with you to meet your exact process specifications.
Process blending vessels can be poly plastic (PE, PP, PVDF most common) or stainless steel (304ss and 316ss most common) as desired.
Automated or semi automated blending systems offer a precise and repeatable process which is able to be validated.
Typical blending system specifications and bill of materials can include:
- Process Tank – stainless or plastic
- Mixer – air or electric operated agitator
- Industrial or sanitary design, cGMP as specified
- Heating or cooling
- Pressure or vacuum
- Mixer speed controller
- Agitator tachometer
- Low Shear Mixing System
- High Shear Mixing, dispersing and homogenizing
- Batch and inline mixing/blending
- Top and bottom entry mixers
- Inline high shear and static mixers
- Temp and pH control
- Manways and ports
- Sight glass
- Pressure relief valves, rupture discs, hepa filters, vent filters
- Dust collector, solid feeders
- Metering pumps
- Heating and cooling temperature control units
- CIP spray wands, balls, nozzles
- CIP system
- Document packages
- On site installation and service
Thanks for thinking of White Mountain Process for your blending system needs.
Blending systems are done in either batch, semi-continuous, or inline continuous blending formats.
- recipe control metering and mixing of components
- save money by reducing raw materials and off spec product
- one stop source for mixers, tanks, pumps, and controls at WMProcess
- meet your mixing room footprint requirements with compact modular blending system
- save labor and production costs by continuous inline blending
We usually draw raw materials from bulk tanks, drums, or IBC totes. Often times chemicals that settle our or need to stay homogenized are blending in the bulk containers. Powders and solids are metered or conveyed to the blend tank with appropriate solids feeding equipment. Load cells on blend tanks or loss in weight feeders can provide precise accuracy required. Metering pumps or PD pumps and the use of mass or volumetric flow meters can provide very uniform and precision accuracy of liquid feeds into the agitated vessel. Instrumentation is added as required for control of temperature, pH, etc and mixers with variable speed drives offer flexibility of mixing and agitation as process requires.
Process blending vessels can be poly plastic (PE, PP, PVDF most common) or stainless steel (304ss and 316ss most common) as desired. Sanitary blending systems include polished 316L stainless and AL6XN mixtanks and FDA/USP VI plastic as required. Systems requiring pressure, vacuum, or heating/cooling jackets would be metal tanks. Poly process vessels are great for atmospheric applications, and often use slight nitrogen blankets.
Also available! Orbital Shakers from White Mountain Process
Our Orbital Shakers are perfect for blending buffers, proteins, chromatography slurries and a great choice for single use mixing with either carboys or single use bags.
Orbital Lab Shakers are known for their ability to provide low shear and gentle blending, to more vigorous shaking and mixing action. Shakers are heavy duty and robust, easy to use, and extremely effective at mixing very quickly and uniformly.
Orbital Shakers typical options we can provide:
- Biopharma ready, complete documentation packages, IQ/OQ optional, FAT testing optional.
- Heavy Duty Large Volume Mixing and Small Volume blending
- Fixed Speed or Variable Speed / High or Low Speed
- Variable Speed digital display with digital countdown timer
- Temperature controlled top plate typical
- Explosion Proof and Hazardous Duty motors available
- Remote Control Operation available
- All Stainless Steel Models
Incubator High Humidity and CO2 gassed models
We also offer single-use and carboy mixers for laboratory use
.For top-quality, single-use mixing systems, contact White Mountain Process. Our single use mixers are erfect for biotech, pharmaceutical mixing, medical and other aseptic mixing and blending applications. Our customers find this system to be flexible, reliable, sanitary and remarkably easy to use.
Our Single Use Mixers can mix from ½ liter to 200 liters – with a single mixer. If more is required, we’ve designed our systems to be flexible enough to mix up to 5,000 liters with the same mixing action, even when using traditional mixing impellers.
This offers a simpler alternative to difficult-to-manage single use bags and tank liners commonly used in the industry. However, don’t let its simplicity fool you – this is no cheap, flimsy mixer. Our engineered lab mixer and tank systems meet high industry standards, and offer mixing impellers which can scale up or down. This means our single use mixers can be used for either pilot plant or production mixing processes, and other applications.
You’ll also be glad to know that like other WMProcess products, our Poly USP VI Mixing tank may be customized to suit your specific application. Choose to include tank baffles or not; order TC fittings welded to suit, and choose between other features such as dip tubes, vent filters and outlet valves, to be included if needed.
Contact White Mountain Process to discuss your project and intended applications. We can help you design a system unique to your needs, or a mixer flexible enough to mix a variety of media for nearly any imaginable application.