Beverage Mixing & Blending.
Beverage Mixing and Blending has become more complicated with the advent of more complex formulations for drinkable products such as sports drinks, protein smoothies, energy drinks, nutraceuticals, organic health beverages, new sodas and new artificial sweeteners. The demands of these products often cause problems with increased mixing times or the need for multiple pre-mix stages. Here are a few of the problems associated with blending and mixing these beverages;
- Long mix time requiring substantially high capital investment
- Multiple-stage pre-mixing which drive up costs for operating and labor.
- Incomplete dissolution which can cause solid lumps, fisheyes, and agglomerates which need to be filtered.
- Using high cost liquids due to the inability to process powdered ingredients.
- Difficult to clean equipment for long and costly product changes.
Proper mixing can reduce solids addition time and total mix time for a batch. Here are also many agitation technologies that can be used for the optimal mixing, while also assuring easy to clean and CIP mixtanks.
- High Shear Mixing– for rapidly adding solids, creating dispersions and making emulsions
- Top Entry Agitators – size appropriately for proper mixing, and cleanability
- Multi Motion Mixers – often times complex mixtures require multishaft agitation to achieve the proper results, especially viscous blends
- CIP mixtank cleaning– always consider this with any mixer and tank design
- Tank design– either poly or stainless tanks can be used for mixing, and all aspects of vessel design should be considered for best mixing and cleanability
By fast mix times, and reducing lumps and fish eyes you can improve your blends, and hopefully improve profitability. Properly designed sanitary mixers and blenders will also save money on cleaning time, CIP costs, and production line down-time between batches.
Please call us to discuss your Beverage Mixing problems with our Blending and High Shear Mixing Experts.
Also available! Orbital Shakers from White Mountain Process
Our Orbital Shakers are perfect for blending buffers, proteins, chromatography slurries and a great choice for single use mixing with either carboys or single use bags.
Orbital Lab Shakers are known for their ability to provide low shear and gentle blending, to more vigorous shaking and mixing action. Shakers are heavy duty and robust, easy to use, and extremely effective at mixing very quickly and uniformly.
Orbital Shakers typical options we can provide:
- Biopharma ready, complete documentation packages, IQ/OQ optional, FAT testing optional.
- Heavy Duty Large Volume Mixing and Small Volume blending
- Fixed Speed or Variable Speed / High or Low Speed
- Variable Speed digital display with digital countdown timer
- Temperature controlled top plate typical
- Explosion Proof and Hazardous Duty motors available
- Remote Control Operation available
- All Stainless Steel Models
Incubator High Humidity and CO2 gassed models
We also offer single-use and carboy mixers for laboratory use
.For top-quality, single-use mixing systems, contact White Mountain Process. Our single use mixers are erfect for biotech, pharmaceutical mixing, medical and other aseptic mixing and blending applications. Our customers find this system to be flexible, reliable, sanitary and remarkably easy to use.
Our Single Use Mixers can mix from ½ liter to 200 liters – with a single mixer. If more is required, we’ve designed our systems to be flexible enough to mix up to 5,000 liters with the same mixing action, even when using traditional mixing impellers.
This offers a simpler alternative to difficult-to-manage single use bags and tank liners commonly used in the industry. However, don’t let its simplicity fool you – this is no cheap, flimsy mixer. Our engineered lab mixer and tank systems meet high industry standards, and offer mixing impellers which can scale up or down. This means our single use mixers can be used for either pilot plant or production mixing processes, and other applications.
You’ll also be glad to know that like other WMProcess products, our Poly USP VI Mixing tank may be customized to suit your specific application. Choose to include tank baffles or not; order TC fittings welded to suit, and choose between other features such as dip tubes, vent filters and outlet valves, to be included if needed.
Contact White Mountain Process to discuss your project and intended applications. We can help you design a system unique to your needs, or a mixer flexible enough to mix a variety of media for nearly any imaginable application.