White Mountain Process offers the following process engineering services please call us at 1-800-487-0778 or email email@example.com
- Process Engineering, Modeling and Simulation
- Blending System Design and Specification
- Mixer Lab Testing to Optimize Scale Up or Down
- 3D Engineered Concept Drawing
- Control System Process design, automation, and P&IDs
ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING SERVICE FOR MIXTANKS, AGITATORS, OR BLENDING SYSTEMS
1-5 hours $110. per hour
6 hours or more $95 per hour
We can advise approximate timing for your particular project, or engineering time for concept drawings etc.
Process Engineering Services
The purpose of this article is to outline the engineering services White Mountain Process (WMP) can offer and whether or not those services can help. Poorly designed mixing processes can lead to inefficient mixing, non-homogenous mixtures, long process times, product contamination, tank failures, and out of specification products. Upfront design costs are small when compared to expensive post production fixes.
There are many parameters to consider when designing a mixing system such as types of materials of construction, what mixers are appropriate, and proper scale up calculations. The wrong type of tank material can lead to leaks and product contamination. Some products may require multi-shaft mixers if the viscosity is too high. Different products require different types of impellers and shear force for proper mixing. Heat transfer considerations also need to be taken into account especially with high shear mixing in plastic tanks which require a cooling circuit.
WMP offers a wide range of engineering services to help with the design and specification of mixing applications.
Our services include:
- Initial visit and overview of equipment to meet your needs.
- Mixing, Tank, Mixing Drive, Impeller Calculations.
- Materials of Construction (HDPE, PP, PTFE, or Stainless)
- Disperser type (High vs Low Shear, Single vs Multi-shaft)
- Tank and Impeller Design
- Lab testing and scale up calculations.
- Detailed Report with recommendations.
- P&ID for the processes considered.
- Control System Process Design
A short phone call can determine the level of services which might be appropriate.
Mix tank System Consulting Services/Engineering Assistance
We offer up front engineering and 3D concept drawings for any mixtank package and apply those costs if you decide to purchase from us. Services include:
- CFD – computational fluid dynamics on mix tanks and agitators
- Scale up and scale down mixing services/recommendations
- Lab scale testing and particle analysis, rheology testing on mixtures
- Independent mixer consulting, and Riboflavin CIP testing on mixtank packages
- Used equipment evaluations
White Mountain Process is a global leader in mixers, agitators, and mix tank packages.
Industries we serve include industrial, sanitary, and medical manufactuers including Biotechnology,
Pharmaceutical, Consumer Care, Cosmetic, Food, Dairy, Beverage, Industrial Processing, Fine Chemicals,
Biofuels, Biomass, Biodiesel, and other fine industries.
Some of our equipment includes:
CLICK HERE FOR HIGH PURITY MIXING TANK PACKAGE 3D DRAWING
- Agitators and BioProcess Mixing Equipment
- Blending Systems
- Blending and Mixing Reactors
- Brewery Agitators
- Custom Mixtank Packages
- Drum Mixers and Pumps
- Fermentation Agitated Vessels
- Food Process Mix-Tanks
- IBC Tote Agitators
- Mixing Kettles
- Melter and Agitation Systems
- Pharma Process Equipment
- Pressure Vessel with top or bottom entry agitation
- Paint and Coatings Mix Tanks
- Process Systems and Equipment
- Transportable Mix IBC Totes
QC and Quality assurance Documentations We Offer For Our Mixing Tank Packages
For sanitary and biopharma mixing tank packages we supply complete documentation packages for
cGMP and offer the following which can be inclusive of a project or quoted as options.
- FAT ( Factory Acceptance Test)
- Mixing Tests videotaped and documented
- cGMP documentation (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- USP VI and FDA certs on elastomers and poly tanks, Teflon mixer coatings
- Complete Documentation for Validation per your specs
- Weld Procedures (WPS) for metal mixtanks
- Weld Maps and Logs for stainless mixers and tanks
- Complete documentation for Poly tanks – FDA and USP VI compliant
- Dye Penetrant and X-Ray Log for metal vessels
- Passivation Procedure and Certification
- Electropolishing Procedure/Certification
- Hydrostatic Testing Procedure and Report
- CIP Ribo Testing (Riboflavin) and reports – stainless and poly mixtanks
- Profilometer Surface Finish Test/Ra Map/Ra Certification
- Mill Test Reports (MTR), Certificates of Compliance, Material certs
- Required Calculations (pressure, temperature, seismic, wind load)
- Component catalog cut sheets, spare parts list, operation and maintenance manuals
- We review and can comply to your specifications – just let us know