|Repair Service||Support Systems|
Top entry Mixers and bottom entry agitators on sealed tanks will have a mechanical seal of some sort. For many sanitary process vessels, the mixer must have some type of sealing barrier to provide either a dust tight vapor seal, a pressure tight seal to allow pressure and or vacuum in the mixtank, or an aseptic sealing device to provide a hygienic seal between the tank id and the outside of the vessel. There are a variety for mixer use, including single dry running double ssemblies with a liquid or gas flush, and a variety of other lip seals and packing materials which can be used. Starting with the least expensive sealing mechanism for a rotating mixer or reactor, we have a simple dust cover assembly, and elastomer lips sealed, a spring-loaded CIP mixer seal, a packing seal, a USP class VI lip seal, a single dry running mixer seal, a single with an aseptic debris well, and then we have higher pressure double,custom steam sterilizable and split mechanical seal options.
- Available in Single and Dual Cartridge Designs
- No Seal support needed for most applications... consult factory
- Nitrogen can be used in both single and dual cartridges in certain applications.
- Special face material for dry running certified FDA, USP Class VI, Bovine Free
- Upgradable Whisper Seal Technology available for low pressure/slow speed applications providing a much quieter environment for operators
- Available with Aseptic Debris Well
- Assume mixer/agitator design of 350rpm max speed, 50psig at 250f.
- Sizes for 3/8” dia shaft to 6” + available
- Bottom entry seals and double liquid or gas seals available on request, please call WMProcess.
- Private label and volume discounts for large volume OEMs
- DETAILS OF SEAL: Single or dual dry running mixer seal
- CARTRIDGE STYLE SEAL- much easier to install than traditional component seal
- FACES = GRAS Carbon vs Silicon Carbide seal faces (USP VI silicon carbide seal face)
- DEBRIS WELL = with 1/4” NPT ports and elbow fitting and plugs (TC optional)
- BASE METAL = 316L SS for bolt up gland and debris well and seal housing
- SPRINGS = Hast C
- ELASTOMERS = USP VI EPDM (other elastomers available see options)
- Cartridge seal is static pressure tested prior to packaging
- Seal detailed drawing provided
- Delivery time = 4 weeks or less
- Helpful Links
- Mixer Mechanical Seal With Debris Well Drawing (PDF)
- Mechanical Seal Photo Gallery
- Mechanical Seal Brochure
- Squealless Mechanical Seal
- other elastomes available include Silicone, Viton, Buna – upcharge for Kalrez or Chemraz perfluoroelastomer
- Aseptic cleaning and vacuum packing of seals
- TC connections on debris well port
- TC connection caps, gaskets, clamps for inlet/outlet
- Hast C wetted parts available
- call for higher speed, pressures over 45psig, high temp, or for us to review any specific sealing application
- double liquid flush and gas seals
- CIP/SIP sanitary valves for TC debris well inlet/outlet
- Private label seals for large volume OEMs
- REPAIRS AND ORING RETROFITS
- We offer repair, retrofit, and reconditioning/pressure testing of any mechanical seals.
We supply new mechanical seals, repair anyones seals, and can provide service assistance for mechanical seal problems. Our mechanical seal offering includes:
- New agitator and mixer mechanical seals
- Sanitary and hygienic mechanical seal options
- Mixer mechanical seal repair, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Mixer lip seals, packing, separately mounted seals
- FAST SEAL REPAIR TURNAROUND
- Mixer seal debris well retrofit and electropolishing
- FDA mixer lip seals and USP VI agitator elastomers
- Cartridge type mechanical seals are much easier and quicker to install than component seals.
- Installation is quicker, easier, and no measuring or setting of heights is required.
- Cartridge seals are available for mixers, agitators, reactors, pumps, and other rotating equipment.
- White Mountain Process repairs and service any manufacturers mechanical seal, either single or dual arrangement.
- White Mountain Process offers Dry Running single and dual cartridge seals... also available with Whisper Quiet Seal Technology
- Seal support systems are available from WMProcess to support single and dual mechanical seal assemblies in all rotating equipment.
- Seal Support systems available as pressurized or non-pressurized vessels with or without cooling coils.
- Both Single and Dual Seals are pressure tested before being shipped from the factory
- All instrumentation available as needed to support the seal environment