- Industrial and sanitary duty drum agitators
- Electric, air, and 12Volt agitator motor options
- Free UPS ground shipment anywhere in continental USA
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
DRUM MIXER APPLICATIONS:
- Solids mixing into liquid
- Re-suspending settled paint solids
- Coatings dispersions
- Biodiesel production
- Simple chemical mixing prior to packaging to use in the process
We do offer either air motors or electric, and have a variety of mounting options including drum bung, drum lid, clamp mount, plate mount, and bridge mount to use with a 55gal drum to similar tank. WMP can also provide any 55gal drum, plastic tank, stainless tank, drum liners, and drum pumps with the drum mixer for a complete package if required. White Mountain Process has a large variety of drum mixers to offer. We can supply a simple drum mixer for simple stirring and have more sophisticated and expensive systems. For example we offer an all stainlessbiopharm ready drum mixer which is comes in all stainless steel including the motor, and all wetted parts polished and electropolished.
Drum Mixers come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but are mainly used to mix liquid and blend powders into liquids in a tote or a 55 gal drum. There are many catalogs and suppliers who sell drum mixers, not all drum mixers are created equal and there are many options to consider.
We often hear, “we are tired of *%$& quality drum mixers and the poor selection of drum agitators available”. Fortunately, there is a wide variety of options for tote mixing and blending. Drum agitators are typically air or electric operated agitators for a 55gal drum. 55gal drums as you can imagine hold 55gallons of fluid and come in plastic, steel, stainless, and a variety of drum liners are readily available. There are many mounting options for drum mixers including:
Clamp mount Mixer – C Clamp style to mount to a stand
Drum bung mixer mount – bung entering mount fits 2” threaded port on drum cover
Drum lid mixer mount – mixer has a drum lid in stainless or steel to fit the 55gal drum
Bridge mount mixer – mixer mounts on an adjustable bridge which fits on top of the drum
Sealed mixer – drum mixer with a seal for vapor tite drum mixing
Sanitary drum mixer – all stainless designs for corrosion resistance
Information to supply to your drum mixer vendor is important, here is the typical process data required to properly choose the right 55gal drum agitator.
1. what is being mixed
2. mixture viscosity and sg and solids %
3. describe the mixer results desired
4. tote style, size, volume
5. drum mixer materials of construction (ie: stainless wetted mixer parts)
6. how will you mount the mixer on the 55gal drum?
7. do you need a drum with your mixer, is so open top or closed lid with bung drum
8. air or electric motor
9. direct or gear drive desired, or vendor to choose
10. price range desired is helpful
11. single or dual mixing impellers
12. are folding mixing impellers desired
13. any other pertinent process information, mixture info, or specifics that may be helpful to size the right mixer for the drum being used